Sunday, August 14, 2011

Officially announcing MY candidacy for President! *wink*

So, it appears as though it is that time of year AGAIN. Everyone, and their dog (sometimes literally) are letting the world know that they are putting their name in the hat. The office of President of the United States of America is soon to be up for grabs.

I am constantly amazed, and sickened, at the approaches candidates use to run a campaign for the "Highest Office" in this country, and this year is no different. It seems as though running for president has become more about how you dump on your opponent and less about what the hell you're going to do about the mess were in.

So, let me officially throw my hat into the ring...that is if I had a hat...of course it would be a pretty cowgirl hat with a pink band around it and swirly designs.... Anywho, here are my campaign promises.

I promise never to mention anything my opponents have done. Why should I draw attention to them when it's my campaign?

I promise to let you know how little I know about what's going on, and how much I need your help to make sense of it all.

I promise to always put freedom first. And I mean freedom for everyone. I don't care whether you are black or white, yellow, red, purple, pink striped and polka dotted (and any other color I may have left out). I don't care whether you are straight, lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgendered, queer, queer friendly, queer not-friendly; religious, non-religious, religious only on Sunday's, religious about beer; man, woman, child, child at heart, heartless; I promise you all freedom. Freedom to express your opinions, your wants, your desires, your desired opinions about wants; freedom to love, marry, engage in sexual intercourse...with or without love and marriage; freedom to debate, discuss, hate discussion or debates, or just hate. As long as you do not impinge on the freedom of others to do the same...you are free.

I promise to keep my beliefs private, and as far as the governing of the country to adopt a position of agnosticism.

I promise I cannot be bought...and to let you know when it is tried.

And, above all else, I promise that as President I will have no problem admitting when I am wrong, using the words "I don't know.", and letting everyone know, on a daily basis, how imperfect I am.

There you have it. I know it's not much. But, vote for me anyway. If nothing else I promise it will be interesting. That is if I can find that pink cowgirl hat...dammit...where did I put that thing...

Sara Jade Woodhouse

P. S. I started this post quite some time ago...and only now got around to finishing it. But, I figured it could still serve it's purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment