Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CAUTION...awestruck views...flirtatious almost beaus...and life ahead...

Standing aloft amid the weaving colors of blue, red, purple and yellow I gaze at mountains thrust up from the earth. I flood my senses with wonder and inhale the essence of God. My daughter is with me, and there's naught a sound but mother earth herself. I have forgotten mistrust, delusion, deception, and all other conflicts of life.

I wish for time to stop. Just for today...just for now...I never want to leave this moment. But, I know that is impossible. That wishing for that very thing will in fact destroy what makes this moment so. The sun descends and the mountains reclaim their own. My daughter and I begin our slow drive back to the valley. Hunger the only thing that makes the leaving tolerable.

Whole Foods, our haunt as of late, greets us as we make our way to the "hot bar". Northern Ireland serves us up his usual pleasant banter. I wonder if he will ever make that leap and ask me out. Perhaps "he's just not that into me". But the old fashioned me can't bring herself to make that move myself. So, we chat...we laugh...we exchange smiles and then...it's over. Our foreplay of conversation...which never seems to lead to the actual fornication of talk.

This day is done.

I'm up to page 9 of Steadfast and True: the Autobiography. Things are about to get truly sad and this is one chapter of my strange life that I would rather not revisit. But, I will...if not for me...for her.

Sara Jade Woodhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment