Friday, August 6, 2010

Here we go...

Cycling. Traveled 12 miles tonight. What started as a quick bit of exercise...turned into something much more. It seemed as though I just wanted to keep pedaling...riding my bike into oblivion or something close to it. Cycling, it appears, like running...is what some of us use to escape. Left to my thoughts...the wind and the road...gliding beneath me. A blur of pock marked pavement and cracks. For those of you who know me...you might not wonder at this determined desire to...get away. For those of you who don't...well....

I'm not sure, exactly, why I decided to come home and begin typing this blog. I only know that it was the next thing I had to do. Keeping one's mind occupied is important during times like these. So, sitting at my miniature kitchen table in my more than miniature "house", clicking along over keys and letters and wondering all the while...why? I decide...why not?

This blog will be a "not-so-daily" conglomeration of thoughts, feelings, ideas, inspirations, frustrations, and just plain rantings as I plod through my first ever book about...me. An autobiography titled "Steadfast and True"...which should come as no surprise given the title of this blog.

For you brave souls who tend towards the voyeristic...

WELCOME!

Sara Jade Woodhouse

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogging! I find it very cathartic. I have not ever been very good at keeping a journal myself, and I love that blogging has made it easier. As for us being voyeristic, I really think we all are. At least when it comes to the daily goings-on of people. Why else would we be so interested in what movie stars wear to the store, or which athlete has cheated on his wife? Blogging is like the lay-person's "People" or "Us", only this time it is with people we actually know and care about!

    So welcome to the blogging world! I will be a steadfast reader!

    ReplyDelete